Thursday, December 11, 2008

What Teachers Do After School

THEY EVACUATE THE BUILDING!

Today, after school at like 4:05, I was walking back to my classroom when the fire alarm went off! I looked at my friend Aleesha and thought, "Really? They wouldn't be having a drill with no students..." Once we had both realized what was going on, we ran back to our rooms, grabbed our purses and ran.
Among my many hats at work, one of them is group fire drill leader. I completely failed this time. I just ran out of the builing instead of grabbing my walkie talkie, my snazzy yellow vest and completing my sweep of several rooms. WHOOPS! Good thing there weren't any students there.

Anyway, after being stranded outside for 45 minutes and many, many jokes about what it could have been, we were let back in to finish our work because it was a FAlSE alarm.
We have a lot of fun taking pictures of the firemen and checking to see if they were married...We were only looking for our friend Bailey though because she wanted some mouth to mouth if they were single.

No luck though...

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That is awesome! To bad for Bailey, I think she was pretty crushed. = )