Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Runaways!

So, this year in my first grade class, I have some really sweet kids. I also have some that have a harder time following the rules. This past week was the worst! I have to little girls, who we will call H and L for their own safety. Well, H and L decided about a month ago that they hated their moms and that they wanted to run away. They also decided that the perfect time to do it was at school. At lunch recess, they hid between the double doors and watched the school aide walk by and then made a run for it. Obviously, when they didn't come back to class, I called the office and told them they were missing. We had to do a perimeter search and then we had to call 911. The police came and made me go with them all over the school and search in every classroom and nook and cranny. Well, after putting me through an enormous amount of stress and worry, the girls were found playing in a brickyard by the brickyard employees about 8 blocks away. I was glad they were safe, but when they came back to school the next day, showing no remorse with plans to do it again, I got mad. Needless to say, H and L no longer go to recess or running time and they now enjoy the company of four blank walls as they eat their lunch. Please remind your children that if they are going to run away, there will be someone who misses them and will want them found. (H and L originally thought they were going to go live in a cave in the mountains.) OH and...another teacher at my school has talked about these two girls and said, so the H stands for Hellion and the L stand for Liar, right? RIGHT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What stupid kids I can't believe they would do something like that. Man alive if I were their parents they would be grounded for so long. Better luck next year Michelle. You're awesome.

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the blog, but it shows that you are doing it on a PC! By the way who are those young hot people at the top of the page? I know you're going to say they are you (and I could be convinced that is Michelle), but who's the skinny young kid with the huge smile?

Michelle said...

Hi Michelle. I work with Clayton. My name is Michelle too. That sounds so scary! My little cousin with Down Syndrome was lost for about one hour. It was my fault... it was awful! So, I can sort of relate. I am glad H and L are okay. :)