Thursday, December 2, 2010

Peanuts


Oh how I wish this post was about the Peanuts Characters. It isn't. It is about good old fashioned peanuts and especially peanut butter.


Today I gave Tanner a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. I didn't think much of it, since he had already tasted peanut butter cookies and other peanut items. Unfortunately, his face got pretty blotchy after about 2 bites and I was on the phone with the pediatrician. On our way there his eyes got really red and his face continued to get more red and swollen.
After a good heaping dose of Benadryl and a steriod shot, he was pretty sad. Within an hour he was back to normal and I now carry Benadryl in my purse as well as an epi pen. Good Bye Peanut Butter!

8 comments:

kara said...

That sucks!!! Is it all peanuts or just peanut butter or will you not know until it happens? Good luck with that! Come see us again soon!

Marissa said...

That is tragic!! Poor kid...

Tim and Heidi said...

That's crazy! Does he have a peanut allergy? Or is it just peanut butter? Poor kiddo, never having peaunt butter M&M's would kill me!

Paul and Tammy said...

Oohh poor guy!! That's not a fun way to find out.

Lindsey said...

Wow! That is so scary! Glad he is okay!

Eli and Candace said...

Oh Sad! I would have freaked out! Poor Tanner got all the Berg Boy allergies.

Sally said...

Bummer. Good thing you are good parent and paid attention.

Andrew and Heather said...

What a bummer! I grew out of my peanut allergy for the most part maybe he will just so he can enjoy chocolate and peanut butter together!