Monday, August 17, 2009

Late Night Conversations


I can't post without a picture of my cute Tanner. I just love him.

Anyway, we obviously aren't getting much sleep and I have to share this story of a late night talk with Clayton. At the time, I was so mad, but in the morning it was really funny.

12:00 AM
Tanner is crying...
I get out of bed to get him...
Clayton sits up in bed and speaks in his snotty attitude voice...
Clayton: What are you doing?
Michelle: Getting a bottle.
Clayton: WHY?
Michelle: because Tanner is crying.
Clayton: WHY?
Michelle: because he is hungry.
Clayton: WHY?
I go over to him and look at his open eyes. I put my hands on his shoulders and say...
Michelle: OUR SON IS HUNGRY AND WE NEED TO FEED HIM.
Clayton: WHY?
Michelle: JUST LAY DOWN!
Clayton then lays down and goes back to sleep.

Later in the night Clayton insisted that he had already done the 6:00 feeding when it was just barely turning 6:00.
Hopefully we'll be more awake and attentive as we get used to our new sleeping patterns!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Men are so funny in the middle of the night with newborns, but you've just got to love them.

The Jones Family said...

Michelle- Tanner is so cute! I can't et over his awesome hair. I hope everything is going well and it was so good to see you!
Jena

JakeandAsh said...

oh the joy of feeing a newborn! I loved it, but it does feel like that's all you do for awhile! :) I miss it now though! He will be sleeping through the night before you know it!

Erika said...

Michelle, are you surprised?! I can TOTALLY see Clayton doing that. AND Justin laughed super hard when I read this to him.

Oh, I just want to rub little Tanner's head! He's SO cute. We miss you guys. Please come visit. :)

Amber Madsen said...

OH, I just LOVE those late night coversations with a incoherent husband! It's so frustrating at the time, but luckily it turns funny later! Don't worry it has happened with both my kids and will probably happen with EVER one of our kids!!!

Eli and Candace said...

Good Luck Michelle! You're going to need it. WHY? Because Clayton's your husband. WHY? I don't know you chose him. WHY? We all wondered the same thing. Why??????? HA HA HA HA HA HA.... my other favorite is, you think I'm stupid. I hope you're keeping a good list of all the things he says for laughs later on.