Monday, February 25, 2008

New Nephew!






Yea! We have a new nephew! I just got back yesterday from Cedar City, where my sister, Rachel had her son. They named him Shawn Raymond Shumway. He is adorable. There is nothing like the feeling of a new baby in your arms. I was lucky enough to get the call early Wednesday morning from Rachel saying that she was in labor. I booked it down there and got there about 10 minutes before he was born. I was able to be with their other son Ty too. You should check out their blog to hear how Ty is handling a new brother. (Click on Shumway family under Other blogs.) He is hilarious.

Ty and I had a fun time cooking dinner and doing laundry. What other 2 year old asks if he can go put his socks in his drawer, says thank you and then acutally does it right? He was so fun and I am so grateful that Rachel and Ethan let me come stay with them and be there. I had a blast and I hope I wasn't in the way. Ty loves to sing and he sang to me a lot. He loves "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man." The sweetest moment with him was when he was talking about his mommy and daddy and asking if we could see them. He then began to sing "I am a Child of God." What wonderful parents to teach him the words and what a great kid to sing them.

I am so excited for their family and I am so lucky I got to be there. Ty is an awesome kid and Shawn is an adorable baby. I am happy to have a new nephew!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy. I am so impressed that Ty is so knowledgable and well mannered. I hope my children are like that. It sounds like you had a great time in Cedar. Are you guys going to be at Zion for easter with us?

The Rindi's said...

Hey Michelle!! This is Felisha how are you? How have you been?

The Shumway Family said...

You were so great to come and stay with us and help us out! Ty is still asking about you! Eth

Andrew and Heather said...

He is so cute. Sorry we didn't take pictures I was frustrated we always forget it and then regret it later!