Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Preschool

We had preschool orientation last week. To put it short, it was a disaster. Tanner fell and scraped both his knees before he went in and cried the whole time! He is such a softie when he gets hurt! (As a side note, his best friend goes to preschool with him. Paxton woke up and told his dad he was all ready to go, but he needed a bandaid first...just in case Tanner got hurt, so he would stop crying! What a good friend!!)
So, if you know me well, you know what I did the whole week waiting for school to start...I worried. We read The Kissing Hand, Llama Llama Misses Mama, and talked about what it would be like. I even promised a trip to Chic-fil-A if there were no tears.
Much to my surprise, Tanner had his backpack on and was out the door at 9! We didn't even have to be there until 9:30. He was SO excited. I walked him to the stairs and watched him go. He didn't even say goodbye to his teary mommy. He just walked right in, hung up his backpack and went to work.


Good thing I worried so much, right?

3 comments:

Marissa said...

What a cutie! I still think it's crazy that you have a 3 year old! Time flies!

Lindsey said...

Wow! I can't believe he is going to preschool! It all happens so fast! Glad he did so well, I hope it gets easier for you!

Tim and Heidi said...

Glad he did so well! What a cute little pre-school-er!