Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jr. High love story

So, Clayton's parents found a "poem" that Clayton wrote in 9th grade. Pretty sure I was crying by the end of it. Imagine a question mark on every line that starts with "My friend."


My Friend says you don't love her

And I say yes I do.

My friend says how do you know

And I say my hear tells me.

My friend says what heart

And I say the heart that holds all of my love for her.

My friend says for life you will love her

And I reply I hope for eternity.

My friend says what if someone better comes along

And I say no one is better

My friend says what if it ends

And I say there will always be a place in my heart for her.

My friend says hope you get her

And I reply I hope also.

My friend says congratulations

And I reply thanks for giving me confidence.

My friend says how's the wife

and I reply looking better than ever.

My friend says I'm sorry for the loss

And I say I will see her again.

My friend says goodbye

And I say thank you for everything.

Now the sad part is Clayton has no idea why he wrote this, he thinks it's to satisfy a english assignment (as you can see he probably failed) but we want to know what girl received this poem. Please tell us if you have ever seen this poem.
PS I hope if you ask Clayton "How's the wife?" he replies, "Looking better than ever!"

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is hilarious! I hope you find the recipient.

The Shumway Family said...

So deep and so touching. Thanks for the laugh.