Saturday, October 3, 2009

More Late Night Conversations

Anyone see what time I made this post? (This is Michelle.) Yeah, thats right 3 in the AM. I couldn't go back to sleep until I sent this little story out into cyberspace.
Tanner has had an ear infection. We feel pretty bad for him. However, he is such a good baby that we didn't know he was sick. On Thursday morning, I woke up at 5 overjoyed, because we had put Tanner to bed at 10 and he was still asleep! Then minutes later, I had a screaming baby throwing up bile. He was sick enough to be sleeping through his hunger.
So, we have been setting our alarms to wake up and check on him to see if he needs food because the medicine we have him on makes him extra sleepy and I can't handle watching him throw up bile again.
Here's what happened tonight:

12:00 AM
Michelle's alarm goes off...
Michelle: Clayton, do you think he needs food?
Clayton gets out of bed and walks over to Tanner.
Clayton: When was the last time we fed him?
Michelle: 8
Clayton: He's a cheerleader.
Michelle: Go to bed.

3:00 AM
Michelle's alarm goes off... She shoves Clayton
Michelle: I think I'll change his diaper and see if he acts hungry.
Clayton: I'll go start a bottle for him.
Michelle: Thanks
Clayton comes back in the room and helps me change him.
Michelle gives Tanner to Clayton and he starts to feed him.
Michelle: Do you know what you did at 12?
Clayton: No
Michelle tells him...
Clayton: Man, I'm sorry. Did we charge him down?
Michelle: WHAT?
Clayton: Wait, did we write him off?
Michelle: Are you freaking kidding me?
Clayton: No, in the bank when we have a loan, we say we charge it down to the collateral value and write it off.
Michelle: cuss words and shoving
Clayton: laughing oh man


Michelle is still awake making sure that Tanner is actually fed and taken care of.

Ha! Just barely, he admitted that "his mind may not have been fully awake."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah, that is hilarious!!! glad clayton has you to hold down the fort! :)

Nate&Bobbi said...

Poor baby Tanner! I remember those days! I can't wait for them to start up again in April!

Paul and Tammy said...

LOL!!! I love it

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle!
I wanted to email you, but don't have your email addy :) Anyway, I am taking the praxis exam in January and just wondered how it was? Anything I should study imparticular? Some people have made it sound so hard and others have said it's not that big of a deal, so I am not sure how to feel about it.... ;)

Alexandria said...

That makes me laugh so hard. Jared does the same thing to me when he wakes up in the middle of the night. I have no idea what he's talking about. You and Clayton are such a cute couple. I hope Tanner feels better soon.