Saturday, June 20, 2009

Staying In Bed

So we've had a pretty exciting week. On Wednesday I called my doctor with a question and was told to immediately go to Labor and Delivery. I left school and got there at 11. If you see the blue line in the picture below, that is me having contractions about every 2 minutes for about 3 hours.

They gave me some shots that slowed them down and sent me home. At home they continued about every half hour. So now I am on some pills that make them come every hour and I get to stay in bed for a little while. I'm not on bedrest, just rest. I get to go to the doctor on Tuesday to find out if I have to be on bedrest and what in the world this baby is trying to do.
I keep telling him to stay in for a little while longer, so hopefully he knows to listen to his Mommy already!

6 comments:

Heather Keetch said...

You'd better lay off the Coke and M&M's! :)
Keep us (me) posted on your progress. I am so excited for you I can hardly stand it!
Get some rest (and enjoy it)!

kara said...

I wish someone would tell me to stay in bed!!!! Call if you need something, after all I am your visiting teacher!!!!!! (use it now while you have it)!

Sally said...

How earily would it be?

The longer he stays the better! hope things go well. Wish I could have been at your baby shower.

welovebees said...

As long as everything is ok of course - I will be pretty jealous if you get to go ahead of me :). Keep everyone updated - and ya, he better listen to you and stay in there just a little longer - although you are so CLOSE!!!

Amber Madsen said...

Hopefully bedrest is not your fate, but if it is get stalked up on books,movies, and craft projects you can do in bed! It gets boring FAST!! Good Luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Baby Berg-stay in your mommy's tummy. It isn't fun being hooked up to lots of wires and having mommy and daddy cry alot. Keep growing until your healthy enough to begin your life on earth.